Welcome to the first of many fun lists! Here’s what I’ll be reading, watching, drinking, and eating this weekend. Just one quick clarification: I’m not being paid or sponsored to write about any of these things; I truly love each one of them. I will always let you know if I am, though!
Movies and TV
- The Trip: I’m a sucker for British humor. Combine that with a movie that pokes gentle fun at foodies and you have yourself a winner!
- The Great British Baking Show: I just recently discovered this show, and now I’m obsessed with it. Also, am I the only one who wants to kidnap Mel and Sue and bring them home with me?
Long Form Journalism and Books
- “Drink your Whole Milk, Eat your Butter… or Don’t: The Great Fat Debate”: My love for butter is right up there with my love for oysters, so I immediately perked up my ears when I saw this article in the latest issue of Elle Magazine.
- My Abandonment by Peter Rock: I picked up this book after it was recommended by one of my favorite authors, Junot Díaz. It’s a lovely story about a father and daughter who have decided to trade civilization for the Oregon wilderness and about the hostility they face from mainstream society for doing so. I’m halfway done with it, and I love it so far!
Cocktails Wish List
- The House Negroni at Bar Termini: I’m currently on holiday in the UK, and this is one of my favorite bars in London. It’s a tiny hole in the wall that can only sit about 20 people. The make four variations of their Negroni and the one I had last time was to die for. I’m really hoping to make it back there to try out the other three.
- I’m all for making new friends and from the looks of it, it seems like this cocktail from The Straight Up and I are going to become BFFs really quickly.
- I won’t get to do a lot of cooking this week, but I sure wish I could have these breakfast cookies from What’s Gaby Cooking.
- I’m obsessed with asparagus at the moment, so I’ll have to try Half Baked Harvest’s Lemon Ricotta Asparagus Ravioli as soon as I get home.
Have a lovely weekend!