Happy Saturday, everyone! Here’s what I’ll be watching, reading, drinking, and eating this weekend.
Movies and TV
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: It’s back! I love everything Tina Fey has ever done, so it’s no surprise that this show is one of my favorites. If you’ve never watched it here’s a summary: Kimmy Schmidt gets rescued after being held prisoner by a doomsday cult for years, and she has to figure out how to build a life for herself (it’s a lot funnier than it sounds; trust me).
- Twin Peaks Revival: I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am about this. If you haven’t watched the original, you can do so on Netflix. But beware: it’s one of the weirdest shows ever made, which is precisely why I love it so much.
Long Form Journalism and Books
- Dale Cooper’s Damn Good Coffee Means a lot more than you Think: Did I mention that I like Twin Peaks? This article from Eater breaks down why coffee is so important for agent Cooper and the show in general. The article is also pretty funny and it gives you some interesting historical tidbits regarding coffee consumption in the U.S. in the 80s and early 90s.
- Wanderlust: A History of Walking by Rebecca Solnit: I love walking, so I knew that I was going to like this book before I even started reading it. Still, I was surprised by the beauty and clarity of Solnit’s prose. I also love that she manages to sneak in all these facts about walking and wandering without making it feel like she’s giving you a history lesson. Highly recommended.
Cocktails Wish List
- These beer can cocktails from Punch: Summer is taking it’s sweet time to arrive but, in the meantime, I can dream of these fabulous beer can cocktails. First one my list, the Canned Campari Radler, a mixture of canned grapefruit beer with a splash of Campari.
- If you need even more summer drinking inspiration, check out this wonderful post by My Italian Caper listing her top ten Italian cocktails for summer. The Hugo Spritz sounds amazing.
- Carrots are finally in season (at least in WA), so I’m making this carrot top pesto from A Little Rosemary and Time as soon as I can get my hands on some farmer’s market beauties.
- Rhubarb is everywhere right now, so why not put it to good use and make Jamie Oliver’s rhubarb sorbet with pistachio brittle?
Have a lovely weekend!